Thursday, 14 August 2014

Burney thanks govt for rescuing Pak expats in Libya

KARACHI: Chairman of Ansar Burney Trust International and former federal minister for human rights, Ansar Burney has paid gratitude and appreciated the concerns and immediate response from President Mamnoon Hussain, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Pakistani Embassy in Tripoli, Libya for honouring and responding the SOS call of the Trust and for sending special rescue flight to Libya, with immediate effect, to fetch the miserable Pakistanis stuck there.

In a press release on Wednesday Ansar Burney said that according to his sources, the first special rescue flight had already reached Libya and was likely to return Pakistan soon carrying around 350 Pakistanis trapped in the ongoing civil war in Libya.

Ansar Burney said that due to worst condition of law and order in Libya, especially Tripoli and Ben Ghazi, the Ansar Burney Trust was also striving hard for the rescue and safe repatriation of 175 Pakistani detainees in Libya.

He said that as per their sources in Libya, some 2,000 to 3,000 Pakistanis had already left for Pakistan and the government was making arrangement for evacuation and safe return of the remaining 5,000 to 6,000 Pakistanis stuck in Libya.

Burney said that in case of any problem, the relatives of Pakistanis in Libya could contact Director of the Ansar Burney Trust, Shagufta Burney Advocate at Ansar Burney Trust International, 6 - Hassan Manzil, Arambagh Road, Karachi. Phone (021) 32623382 Mobile: 0300 8243460 or by email:contact@ansarburney.org

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-2-267110-Burney-thanks-govt-for-rescuing-Pak-expats-in-Libya

No comments:

Post a Comment